Best Blender for Smoothies Reviews
***This post Best Blender for Smoothies was updated on february 2017
If you are looking for the best blenders for smoothies, you probably have noticed thousands of brands and models out there, all claimed to be the one and only. Smoothies are your best friends if you are looking for a delicious and healthy treat. But making smoothies can be a hassle without the right tool. That’s why finding your trusted blender is very important. Let’s take a look at our options out there. Of course you can walk in any store and find a blender of some sort there. But how do you know if it’s the best blenders for smoothies? I myself like to do my homework first before making the decision. Looking up reviews and specifications online can give you a good idea of how the blender works, if it’s going to last, and if it is designed to be the best smoothie maker. The following are my top choices for smoothies.
- 1 Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender, Black
- 2 Breville BBL605XL Hemisphere Control Blender
- 3 Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed
- 4 KitchenAid KSB1575ER 5-Speed Diamond Blender with 60-Ounce
- 5 Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender
- 6 Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL773CO)
- 7 Oster VERSA Pro Performance Blender with Tamper 1400W
- 8 Vitamix 5200s Black
- 9 Which is the best blender?
Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender, Black
At the top of the price range, this Blendtec blender has quite a few impressive traits to it. The blender claimed a spot in my list of best blenders for smoothies because of its commercial-grade motor, which runs at 1560 Watt. Powerful motor means you can blend almost any ingredients fast. Always run out of time in the morning and still want a fresh smoothie for breakfast? This fast and powerful blender is your solution. I also like the versatility of this blender. It can make smoothies, juices, and can even knead bread dough. With limited kitchen space, I definitely love that the blender can work as a mixer as well!
Other perks of Blendtec TB-621-20 Total Blender, Black
- Lightweight: Makes it easier to pour out your drink
- Time saving: The included recipe book gives you 200+ recipes that requires less than 90 seconds to make.
- Easy to store: The blender is only 15.5 inches tall and will fit under most cabinets.
So the only downside is its price. However, if you have limited time or kitchen space, I definitely recommend this blender. It will prove to be a worthy investment in the long run. How much money would you spend if you buy a blender, food processor, and stand mixer separately? Its versatility wins Blendtec Total Blender a place in my list of the best blender for smoothies.Best Blendtec Blender Reviews
Breville BBL605XL Hemisphere Control Blender
This blender gets its name from the Hemisphere-shaped bowl and blade system. This design is what I love most about Breville Hemisphere Control Blender. The blades are rounded along the bottom of the bowl, so no ingredient is left untouched. It’s also able to pull down ingredients to blend evenly from top to bottom of the container. That ability alone makes it one of the best blenders for smoothies. If you are like me, you would like a smooth drink without uneven chunk, no matter what types of ingredients are in it. After all, the beauty of smoothies is that you can mix up anything you like.
Other plus points to this blender:
- Easy to use: I like that the blender has an LCD timer, so you can read and adjust quickly. Illuminated buttons are also a nice touch.
- Pre-programmed smoothies settings: The blender can alternate the speed for the best blending result. All you have to do is to press start and wait for your delicious drink.
- Easy to store: The cord wraps neatly under the bottom of the blender so no more messy tangles. Remember, the easier it is to get it in place, the more often you will use it!
Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed
My first impression of this blender is its large capacity. It’s family-friendly for sure with an 8-cup container. Vitamix TurboBlend is the best smoothie blender for parties and gathering, as you will be able to serve more drinks after each blending cycle. For single ladies like me, you can always make a bigger batch of soup or drinks and store the leftover too.
I am convinced that Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed is one of the best blenders for smoothies because:
- Included Tamper: With the included tamper, you can blend thicker mix easily.
- Spill-proof vented lid with removable plug: You can add extra ingredients without turning off the motor. This is helpful for recipes that require a long list of ingredients.
- 6ft long power cord: I like that I can move away from the outlet a little bit and arranging the blender more freely.
Unlike other blender, Vitamix TurboBlend only has two speed settings. I would like to have more speed options and adjust to different recipes. However, it’s not a big issue as sometimes simple is better. I know my mom would love this blender because it does the job without confusing her with too many options. The large capacity also requires more space to store. So it’s something to think about if you have a small kitchen like I do. However, I think it’s definitely a great choice if you have a bigger space and more people to share your drinks with.Best Vitamix Blender Reviews
KitchenAid KSB1575ER 5-Speed Diamond Blender with 60-Ounce
If you’re looking for a valuable food blender, then this one should be taken into account. Why? That’s because it includes many advanced features of a blender in a very affordable price.
Using a diamond blending system and a powerful motor, KSB1575ER can deal with all ingredients smoothly and quickly. What I like the most about this blender is the 5-speed setting, including Stir, Chop, Mix, Pulse and Liquify. There’re also a Crush Ice Mode and a Pulse Mode, which are pre-programmed to automatically stop until all the ice inside is crushed completely.
- Safe and large-capacity pitcher: It’s made of 100% BPA-Free and has the capacity of 60oz, giving you not only a spacious container but also stain-resistance and dishwasher friendliness.
- Soft-Start function: The motor will start as a slower speed to pull food into the blade, then quickly speed up until reaching the selected setting.
- Stainless steel coupler: Provides a constant and robust power directly from the motor to the blade throughout the blending process.
- Multiple options of purchase: KSB1575ER comes in a variety of colors (21 in total). You can choose a 60- or 56-oz pitcher. If the 56-oz one is what you want, you can order a separate 24-oz culinary jar as an extra option.
About the drawbacks, there are three. Firstly, the blender doesn’t come with essential accessories, such as a tamper, jars or cups, like most best blenders for smoothies. Secondly, the gear is made of plastic instead of metal, which makes it can be disintegrated at spinning at the high speed.
Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender
This blender impresses me by the speed and smartness that it gives me every time I need delicious and nutrient food. Featuring a 1700-W motor, NutriBullet Rx can beat any competitor on the market. Hand Free technology is unique, which allows you to run the machine without the need of handling it. You simply set it up and walk away for a couple of minute. For me, it’s truly magical!
NutriBullet Rx is perfect to make smoothies, soups, and sauces thanks to the useful Soup Making Mode. It also features a 7-Minute Heating Cycle to make hot extracted dips and beverages from raw vegetables and fruits.
One of the best thing about this blender is the accessories that it includes. Some of them are:
- Extractor blade: Fits perfectly into all the vessels to help you extract vegetables and fruits into smooth drinks without getting rid of any nutrient and fiber.
- A large-capacity pitcher with 2-piece lid: Use if as extracting food in the Soup Making Mode. While the lid permits heat and pressure to outflow during the extracting process, the pitcher’s spout provides straightforward pouring into serving glass.
- A 30-oz cup: Use it when you need single servings.
- A 45-oz cup: Use it when you need multiple servings for your whole family.
- A recipe book: Includes up to 150 pages of delicious and healthy dishes that you can make with the blender. You don’t need to buy an extra guide anymore!
However, a few customers complain that the gasket becomes loose (after a short period of use) when opening the pitcher after blending. Luckily, you can fix this problem by tightening it up while washing.
Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL773CO)
Only one word to describe this machine: four-in-one! A blender, a food processor, a juice extractor, and even a dough maker. If you do many different tasks in your kitchen, then you should pick up this one. Whether which task you want to go, Ninja Mega Kitchen will do it as smooth and quick as it should thanks to a 1500W motor which is, I think, just more than adequate.
The machine comes with many accessories:
- As a blender, it crushes all ingredients within a couple of minutes. You can use it with a 72-oz jar or a single serving cup.
- As a food processor, you can choose either a 64-oz bowl or a mini prep bowl. Moreover, a chopping blade and a dough blade are included, which are very useful when you’re mixing dough.
- As a juice extractor, there are two 16-ounce cups with lids. Of course, a durable extractor blade is indispensable.
- In addition to an instruction manual, a recipe booklet is also included.
Since the system is complicated, it’s possible that breakdowns might occur. Even worse, the manufacturer only offers one year of warranty, so you have to be careful while using it. Another drawback is that the machine works extremely loud, but I think this’s not a big trouble.
Oster VERSA Pro Performance Blender with Tamper 1400W
There’re lots of reasons making this blender worthy in the list of best blenders for smoothies. In term of power, you have a robust machine with a 1400W motor and 250MPH blade made of stainless-steel. These engines together with a smart mechanism help you blend just anything regardless of fruit, soup, nuts, sauces, sorbets, or even ice.
Oster VERSA Pro Performance gives you 3 preprogrammed settings: Smoothie, Soup, and Dips/Spreads. Simply touch one of these buttons, and the blender will instantly produce fresh and tasty food for you. Also, there is a Pulse button for extreme control and a variable speed dial to immediately adjust the speed while the blender is operating.
- A 64-oz jar: Made of 100% BPA-free plastic, so you can have a peace of mind that your produced food will be safe and pure. The jar also comes with a secure-fitting lid and a non-slip handle.
- A tamper: Use it when you need a tool to move large ingredients down into the blade.
- Recipes: They’re two cookbooks with detailed recipes, showing you the exact instructions to cook the most yummy and healthy food.
- 7-year warranty: This is a very long guarantee in comparison with other blenders. It adds both extra protection and peace of mind.
Note that this machine is unable to mix dough. The design with an all-metal drive and high-quality plastic base guarantees the durability. However, this design is not perfect enough, due to two reasons. Firstly, the markings are too small and hard to read. Secondly, the blender is tall and might not fit under most cabinets.
Vitamix 5200s Black
Vitamix seems to be a winning brand among the best blenders for smoothies. Vitamix 5200s Black has all the winning features of the best smoothie maker, such as an oversized container for extra drinks, a tamper to work with tougher ingredients, and a removable lid plug that allows you to add extra ingredients while blending.
Aside from the classic features, I also recommend the 5200s because of its improvements compared to previous models:
- Variable speed options: Allows adjustment to different ingredients
- Classic dial control: The classic dial control may seem a little old fashioned but gives you a very intuitive control.
- Long warranty time: Vitamix gives you a 7-year warranty for this blender.
Which is the best blender?
Each blender comes with its own pros and cons. So what make these options above the best blenders for smoothies? What I did was to consider the following criteria when comparing one blender to another.
- Motor power: The higher the power is, the faster and easier it is to blend. However, higher power often comes with higher price tag so pick the one that best fit your needs.
- Versatility: Are you going to use it just for smoothies? Or would you like to make soups, bread, or ice dessert sometimes with the blenders?
- Storage vs capacity: Look for neater design and extra storage features like wrapped cords. However, if you have extra room in your kitchen, a larger container will allows you to make more drinks to share with everyone.
- Easy vs complex control: Again, consider what you will be making with your blender. The best blenders for smoothies can have only two different speeds, because it’s enough for most drink recipes. Now if you would like to make soup or peanut butter shakes, look for more complex pre-programs.
– Warranty time: We all hope that the blender will last as long as possible, but in case anything goes wrong, longer warranty always helps.
Overall, I believe that you can’t go wrong with the four blenders above. Each and every one of them will give you fresh, delicious and easy smoothies in a few seconds. So just look at the list above and pick the best blender for yourself.
Breville Hemisphere Control Blender is quite high-tech with a neat design. It belongs to younger, techie users with limited space but lots of love for convenient pre-programmed settings. Blendtec Home The Professional’s Choice Total Blender, on the other hand, will be the best friends of experienced home chef. The powerful motor allows you to work with fruits, ice, dough, nuts and so many other ingredients.
For those who want a cheap but versatile blender, KitchenAid KSB1575ER 5-Speed Diamond Blender should be taken into account. It gives you 5 different pre-programmed modes and comes in many colors as well. In terms of accessories included, Ninja Mega Kitchen System and Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender are, obviously, the winners. Ninja Mega offers so much accessories, while no one can beat Magic Bullet at the motor speed.
Back to basic, Vitamix TurboBlend Two Speed and Oster VERSA Pro Performance Blender prove that they can be simple and intuitive and still be two the best blenders for smoothies. No flashy features, but it sticks to what it does best, and that is to make your smoothies quickly. If you still want a little bit more variations than that, then Vitamix 5200s Black is the perfect choice, with added speed settings. Both Vitamix blenders are great for big family and party planners.
For me, my final choice is the Blendtec Total Blender. I have to admit, the streamline design with illuminated buttons win me over. It will fit nicely in my tiny kitchen counter, and let me set up easily even in the faint morning light. Smaller container is not an issue for me, as I am more than willing to make more batches of delicious drinks when my friends come over.