Smoothies For Great Skin
Top 5 Smoothie Recipes for Great Skin
With all of the makeup, junk food, and harsh weather conditions we encounter every day, it seems like there’s always something trying to negatively affect our skin. Heavy lotions make us break out in acne. The most delicious foods produce oily skin.
Meanwhile, the sun beats down on our skin, giving it an aged look. No matter where we turn, there’s something that can harm our skin. But luckily, if you’re looking to protect your skin and repair the damage, smoothies can do wonders to create a flawless face.
Why Are Smoothies Good For Your Skin?
The all-natural ingredients in a healthy smoothie have tons of properties that are great for the skin. Regular smoothie ingredients like kale, berries, coconut, avocado, and lemon each have nutrients, minerals, and vitamins which each have their own uses for the skin. After drinking a smoothie, your body can detox from all the unhealthy toxins in your body which contribute to bad skin.
What Do You Need?
Besides the ingredients listed for each smoothie, you’ll also need a blender. Don’t just choose the cheapest blender because you don’t want to spend a lot of money. You also want a blender that has the option to puree for a smoother smoothie experience.
Delicious Berry Smoothie
This smoothie is delicious, and makes your forget that you are drinking it for healthier skin. However, the ingredients all work together to banish acne, giving you more flawless skin.
- You’ll need 8 oz of almond milk
- ¾ cup of frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or whatever other berry interests you
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 tsp ground flax meal,
- 1 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth.
If you have dry, flaky skin, this smoothie is just the answer. The fish oil is filled with the essential nutrients that you need to keep your skin soft and filled with moisture.
- ½ cup plain lowfat yogurt
- ½ cup of frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp fish oil. Blend until smooth.
Coconut Bliss Smoothie
In order to correct damaged skin, this smoothie has everything you could need. The hints of coconut transport you to a tropical island, all while you sip in your own kitchen.
- 4 ounces of water
- 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- ½ frozen banana cut into chunks
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 ice cubes. Blend until there’s a silky texture.
Green Lemonade Smoothie
Some of the best smoothies for your overall health and for improving the look of your skin are the ones that mix the sweet taste of fruit with the rich nutrients of green vegetables. This smoothie does exactly that.
- 8 oz coconut water
- 2-3 handful of organic spinach
- juice from whole lemon
- squeeze of lime, ½ cup frozen mango
- ¼ avocado
- ½ inch of peeled ginger
- a few pieces of mint
- local raw honey. Blend until smooth.
To reduce inflammation and redness, try the Paradise Smoothie. Fruit lovers will love the peach and strawberries flavors mixed throughout this drink!
- 1 medium ripe peach sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped avocado
- 1/3 cup unsweetened frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. Use the puree setting instead of blend until the concoction is smooth.
These recipes are just what you need to turn dry, oily, inflamed, or acne-prone skin into the healthy, soft skin you’ve been dreaming of every night. As long as you use all-natural, healthy ingredients, your skin will get the benefits of the natural nutrients.